Monday, March 29, 2010

Get your Freak on

Haven't posted in a while. Been pretty insanely busy. Here's the updates:

Got my first official 'film industry job' at Anonymous Content as a office PA/floater. This is a management/production company and a great place to get my foot in the door. I told one of the managers I wanted to be a screenwriter. He told me I was in the right place.

Stoked on that.

Another great thing that happened full of possibility: the comedy pitch I sent to someone I knew in the industry was liked by her boss above many others they were receiving. Seems the story idea I started working on in my UCLA class paid off. The script is called 'How to Hide a Boner' and while I won't share the premise on this blog, it is a story I am very passionate about, so I believe I will enjoy working on it enough to push through it. That is of course, if I'm hired and possibly PAID to do it. Even if they don't go through with it, I still may write it since I just spent a hardcore week completing a thorough outline on it after 12 hour days at
Anonymous Content.

Say YAY for me. And Yay for small steps in the right direction. I keep telling myself, if I get paid to write a script before I'm 25 then I will be satisfied.

Freed Men is in great shape on the new draft I've been working on, hopefully that'll be done within a month.

No comments: